CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
We are looking for a CFO (Chief Financial Officer) that can work at Ocracoke or Engelhard office.
Ocracoke Health Center, Inc. is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) that offers high-quality medical and behavioral services at two sites in Hyde County: Ocracoke Health Center (Ocracoke, NC) and Engelhard Medical Center (Engelhard, NC). We are currently seeking a CFO to join our team. Under the general direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO will be responsible for directing the organization’s financial planning and accounting practices. The CFO will oversee and direct budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, long-range forecasting, and insurance activities as well as evaluate the organization’s financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
This position can be located out of the Ocracoke or Engelhard office.
Essential responsibilities include:
– Develop and implement internal controls and coordinate annual audit
– Oversee general accounting to ensure financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely
– Design and produce financial reports for management and Board
– Plan and monitor cash requirements, prepare budgets, and assist with preparation of grants.
– Develop strategic plan and its financial planning component
– Oversee and direct the preparation and issuance of annual tax and other reports
Experience with preparing and interpreting financial statements and strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
Knowledge and experience in health care finance, including third party reimbursement mechanisms and federal grants reporting
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance.
Experience: Five to 10 years of experience in financial/accounting management preferred. Experience in health care financial management strongly preferred.
Resumes and a letter of interest can be emailed to Michelle Newman at firstname.lastname@example.org